To enable the organisations that use our global connectivity service to customise their packages to meet their needs and budget, Telecom26 offers a range of extensions and add-ons.
These global connectivity extensions and options are discussed in our new brochure Connectivity+: Choose the plan that works best for your needs. Please get in touch if you’d like to receive a copy.
Our global connectivity extensions and options include the following, all of which can be added to our standard or custom global connectivity plans:
- Custom APN. Read more about this in our recent blog Global connectivity extensions: The benefits of using customised APNs
- Custom Access to SIMs via VPN
- URL white/blacklisting
- Fixed IPs
- Traffic tunnelling
- SMPP connectivity
This blog will discuss traffic tunnelling specifically; we will cover the other extensions in future blogs.
Using Traffic Tunnelling for sensitive data
This feature has been added to our portfolio in response to demand from customers with sensitive data.
In addition to Telecom26’s secure routing to the internet for devices using our Global SIMs, traffic tunnelling provides end-to-end guarantees for customers with sensitive data. This is of increasing importance as the number of politically and commercially motivated hackers continues to rise.
Traffic is securely routed to our customers’ data centre or to the cloud, via VPN links or dedicated fixed connectivity routes. So sensitive data will not use the public internet and there is no way it can be picked up.
This also gives our customers complete, end-to-end control over their data as the traffic policies can be determined by their own firewall and routing policies. Limit internet access to minimise fraud.
In addition, if a different SIM is put in a device, then new data can’t be transmitted or downloaded.
- Enhanced security through direct routing from our network to your data centre / cloud
- When used in conjunction with fixed IP address, access can also be customised for each SIM
- Reduce field repairs and support through remote access for configuration, troubleshooting or updates
Many of our global connectivity customers already separate their traffic in this way, including SystemOne and a large pharma company.
Telecom26 - providing global connectivity, maritime connectivity and IoT connectivity
Today Telecom26 provides coverage across more than 1100 network connections and 620 mobile operators in 200+ countries.
We offer a full range of telecom services and connectivity options including 5G (where available), LTE-M, Wi-Fi, private networks, 2G, 3G and 4G, as well offshore connectivity capabilities.
Telecom26’s global connectivity SIM cards
At the heart of Telecom26’s global connectivity, maritime connectivity and IoT connectivity services are our global eSIMs and physical SIM cards.
Just one of our eSIMs or physical SIMs:
- Provides access to all of the networks covered by our global roaming service.
- Removes the need to worry about the coverage of a single MNO, or the existence of roaming alliances. Our global SIMs select the best performing network in the area, cross-border, while providing enterprises with the freedom to change SIM profiles and services with ease.
- Can be customised with routing profiles built for each device according to a customer’s needs and budget. For example, for organisations that are more price sensitive we can ensure that our Global eSIM cards automatically connect to the cheapest service in the area.
In a nutshell, Telecom26 enables connectivity, anywhere - so that your devices can connect to the best available network, regardless of location.
Get in touch for global connectivity
Telecom26’s customers include enterprises, OEMs and NGOs who want a single delivery partner, cross-border solutions and network coverage that is secure, resilient and can be tailored to meet specific and evolving needs.
If you’d like to organise a video call to discuss how we can help improve the global connectivity of your team when they are out and about including maritime connectivity and IoT connectivity please get in touch.