As a provider of global connectivity, Telecom26 offers a range of extensions and add-ons that enable the users of all of our networks to customise their global connectivity packages to meet their needs and budget.
These global connectivity extensions and options are discussed in our new brochure Connectivity+: Choose the plan that works best for your needs. Please get in touch if you’d like to receive a copy.
Our global connectivity extensions and options include the following, all of which can be added to our standard or custom global connectivity plans:
- Custom APN
- Custom Access to SIMs via VPN
- URL white/blacklisting
- Data fallback package for routers
- Fixed IPs
- Hosting customer analytic platforms / cloud solution)
- Traffic tunnelling
- SMPP connectivity
This blog will discuss customised APNs specifically; we will cover the other extension in future blogs.
Access to Telecom26 SIMs via Custom APNs
A custom APN enables our customers to use specific APNs to connect to our global connectivity data services using a Telecom26 global SIM. This allows their traffic to be handled differently from Telecom26's standard routing to the internet, or to ring-fence IPs for their SIMs (Dynamic or Fixed) – and also enables other add-on options from our portfolio.
This provides several key benefits including:
- Ensuring consistency across connectivity providers
- Reinforcing our customers’ branding by matching the APN to their identity
- Enhancing security by reducing risk of redeploying stolen SIMs
- Telecom26 can also support customised iOS Profiles and an Android app for custom APN use on smartphones
We have several global connectivity customers already separating their traffic in this way including maritime connectivity customers and a large pharma company. Using a custom APN enables them to choose how to route traffic out.
Telecom26 - providing global connectivity, maritime connectivity and IoT connectivity
Today Telecom26 provides coverage across more than 1100 network connections and 620 mobile operators in 200+ countries.
We offer a full range of telecom services and connectivity options including 5G (where available), LTE-M, Wi-Fi, private networks, 2G, 3G and 4G, as well offshore connectivity capabilities.
Telecom26’s global connectivity SIM cards
At the heart of Telecom26’s global connectivity, maritime connectivity and IoT connectivity services are our global eSIMs and physical SIM cards.
Just one of our eSIMs or physical SIMs:
- Provides access to all of the networks covered by our global roaming service.
- Removes the need to worry about the coverage of a single MNO, or the existence of roaming alliances. Our global SIMs select the best performing network in the area, cross-border, while providing enterprises with the freedom to change SIM profiles and services with ease.
- Can be customised with routing profiles built for each device according to a customer’s needs and budget. For example, for organisations that are more price sensitive we can ensure that our Global eSIM cards automatically connect to the cheapest service in the area.
In a nutshell, Telecom26 enables connectivity, anywhere - so that your devices can connect to the best available network, regardless of location.
Get in touch for global connectivity
Telecom26’s customers include enterprises, OEMs and NGOs who want a single delivery partner, cross-border solutions and network coverage that is secure, resilient and can be tailored to meet specific and evolving needs.
If you’d like to organise a video call to discuss how we can help improve the global connectivity of your team when they are out and about including maritime connectivity and IoT connectivity please get in touch.