Our team is working hard on our IoT router portfolio with strong relations with Teltonika and Celerway. For most of our customers, only one IoT router is needed to serve a location and customers receive the IoT router with the SIM inserted and ready for immediate deployment. For those with higher highbandwidth requirements double SIM IoT routers are also available.
By combining network connectivity from the multiple service providers and infrastructure options provided by Telecom26 including 5G, 4G and LTE, IoT routers support simultaneous connections, all of which can be load-balanced independently. Telecom26 has a single billing relationship that supports multiple routes to each network provider in the region, including neighbouring country operators.
Teltonika, Telecom26 and IoT Routers
At the end of last year our global connectivity team wrote about Telecom26 shipping Teltonika IoT routers with integrated global SIM cards to the eHealth programme in Malawi of SystemOne, our long-time customer.
Teltonika is a rapidly growing technology company, manufacturing professional network connectivity equipment for IoT and M2M communication. We are now integrating our Global SIM cards into Teltonika’s RU241, industrial cellular IoT routers - and we will be adding other Teltonika IoT router models soon depending on our customers’ deployment needs.
Teltonika’s IoT routers include a Remote Management System (RMS) that will be of great use to our customers. It’s an “all-in-one user-friendly IoT platform providing a smart way to stay on top of your whole connected solution completely remotely, securely, and reliably”. This means that it will save both the Telecom26 global connectivity team and our customers time and operational costs, while being flexible and easy to use.
Telecom26 and Celerway’s IoT routers
As well as Teltonika, we are also working with Celerway, which has developed a portfolio of innovative IoT routers. Here we wrote about how the Telecom26 Celerway IoT router is helping to drive efficiency and boost safety in the mining industry.
One of the main issues for underground mining companies is that cellular coverage cannot penetrate into the mine. Yet, reliable and secure connectivity throughout a mine is essential for not only ensuring the safety of miners, but also for monitoring the entire supply chain in order to optimise efficiency and operating profits.
What’s needed is a solution that can is optimised for variable connectivity and with proactive assurance monitoring to ensure that it always connects to the best available network. That’s what the Telecom26 Celerway multi-IMSI SIM IoT Router offers. It provides outstanding QoS because it uses two modems, each with multi-IMSI SIMs, so that while one is serving connectivity, the other is constantly scanning for optimum coverage. If the existing network QoS drops, the router then automatically and seamlessly switches to the best possible QoS on a different network, without any impact on the end user.
The router is equally at home underground – where reliable connectivity is essential – as it is above ground. Because the modem router is able to switch seamlessly between private and public networks, it can be easily configured to connect to a private underground network, where it can monitor traffic, collision avoidance for trucks and carts, air pumps and fans, and the location and safety of personnel, for example.
At the same time, it enables full mining operations above ground, providing connectivity via either public or private network, or both – and even satellite for backhaul.
Find out more about how Telecom26 IoT Routers can help your organisation
Please get in touch if you’d like to receive a copy of our short product overview;
“ IoT Modem - Proven cellular modem hardware, secure connectivity and services management” and find out more details about our IoT service here.
Telecom26, MWC, and our global connectivity portfolio
At Mobile World Congress we will be showcasing our maritime and nearshore connectivity services as well our many other global connectivity services and capabilities including:
- Talk, Travel & Text, a full mobile service able to offer SMS, cellular voice as well as data. We connect our customers to the best network when they travel. Available either as Pay-As-You-Go or via a monthly subscription bundle, Talk, Text & Travel provides the flexibility people, and the organisations they work for, need to manage costs and control usage. Different packages are available, giving optimised bundles for different regions – customers can choose the option they need to suit their business and travel requirements. And, unlike other global connectivity providers, we offer dedicated support to ensure our customers have a trouble-free experience –and peace of mind.
- Our IoT offering: Telecom26 provides solutions to support any IoT application in the supply chain, from basic SIMs with global coverage, eSIMs for integration with specialised devices, routers to provide local and macro connectivity, all the way to complete private cellular networks.
- Our other SIM enablement solutions for service providers. We are already integrating our Global SIM cards into Teltonika’s RUT241, industrial cellular routers. Their customers will receive a router with the SIM inserted and ready for immediate deployment - and the first organisation to benefit from our improved global connectivity service will be our long-term digital eHealth customer, SystemOne.
- Our 5G network service which is growing all the time – currently 50+. 5G is available to all our customers with the same pricing as our other services so there are no extra charges or hidden costs
- Global data coverage for business – we are working with a variety of satellite providers to extend our connectivity in international waters, effectively becoming the world’s largest GSM operator by coverage area. If you are interested in knowing more, then Dan Dooley, Chief Commercial Officer of Lynk, one of our partners, will be speaking during the MWC conference:
Lynk has developed the world's only patented, proven, and commercially licensed satellite-direct-to-mobile phone system.
- More new partnerships and upcoming product releases – we are growing fast as more and more organisations look past the giant operators for a customised service for their IoT and global connectivity needs.
Telecom26, Global Connectivity and your business
We’re an independent, global mobile operator with our own network core and operational assets, and relationships with more than 1100 network connections and 620 mobile operators to secure unrivalled global coverage.
We offer a full range of telecom services and connectivity options including 5G (where available), LTE-M, Wi-Fi, private networks, 2G, 3G and 4G, as well offshore and nearshore connectivity capabilities.
Our customers include enterprises, OEMs and NGOs who want a single delivery partner, cross-border solutions and network coverage that is secure, resilient and can be tailored to meet specific and evolving needs.
If you’d like to meet at MWC, or organise a video call, to discuss how we can help your business including nearshore connectivity then please get in touch.