Telecom26 has two services for business travellers:
- Talk, Travel & Text is our global connectivity service that provides cellular voice, data and SMS to Business Travellers.
Designed exclusively for Enterprise business travellers, Talk, Text & Travel connects our customers to the best network when they travel – and, importantly, enables them to continue using their existing subscription in their home-zones if they wish (for example, they might still be in contract).
- Enterprise Data Extra which provides business class data connectivity in more than 200 countries, with more than 1100 roaming partners worldwide. Better still, it’s backed by boutique customer support solutions to give business travellers the personalised care they need – and deserve.
In this earlier blog we talked about What is a Business Travel SIM and why does your organisation need them? and discussed how research from the Global Business Travel Association (GBTA), the world’s largest business travel association, found that “a majority of US corporate travel buyers expect their company’s business travel to ramp up and return to pre-pandemic levels by the end of 2023”
Naturally, as well as travel and accommodation costs, the cost of connectivity for employees whilst they are away is of increasing importance to organisations of all sizes across the world.
Roaming vs local pre-paid cards vs Business Travel SIMs
So, what are the options for business travellers who need to stay connected when they are abroad? Well, there are three:
- Continue using their domestic SIM and run the risk of ‘bill shock’ on return. Even the daily packages available for data abroad can mount up because roaming is a cash cow for traditional operators who mostly charge exorbitant rates for using a device to make and receive cellular and whatsapp calls and texts, visit websites and check email. Post-Brexit, subscribers to UK operators who can no longer benefit from ‘roam as if you’re at home’ have been particularly hard hit –– and vice versa for visitors to the UK who can no longer roam as part of their packages.
- Picking up a local prepaid SIM card when they arrive in a new country. This is convenient for when visiting only one country but users need to be alert when visiting areas that are close to country borders as it’s easy for phones to jump to other networks not aligned with the prepaid operator’s packages. Other drawbacks are that most large local carriers charge more, cover less, and don’t remember your name when you call. Worse, Travel and Tourist SIM card offerings rarely give you portal access for enterprise-wide control and transparency into your organisation’s usage, billing, and services.
- Using a Business Travel SIM card, which is actually the most convenient, and cost-effective, option.
The Telecom26 Business Travel SIM card
One of the many advantages of using our Business Travel SIM cards to access our Talk, Travel & Text service and Enterprise Extra services is that people don’t have to replace their existing subscriptions. They can use the service they already subscribe to in their home country – and with a few quick taps move to Telecom26 when they are abroad.
Our Business Travel eSIMs are quick and easy to install on any device via the settings tool and using a QR code to download the software.
Talk, Text and Travel and Enterprise Extra provides users with Business Class connectivity in more than 200 countries, with 1100+ roaming partners worldwide. And, unlike other global connectivity providers, we offer dedicated support to ensure our customers have a trouble-free experience –and peace of mind. Other benefits include:
- Pricing from just €2/GB.
- Available as a monthly subscription bundle, Telecom26 provides the flexibility people, and the organisations they work for, need to manage costs and control usage. Different packages are available, giving optimised bundles for different regions – customers can choose the option they need to suit their business and travel requirements.
- Single invoice and management portal for all users and devices
- Full control of eSIM allocation and activation
- Near real-time usage monitoring
- Ability to set alerts and related actions via the portal
Telecom26 and global connectivity
Please click here to learn more about how Enterprise Extra and Talk, Travel & Text can reduce your mobile bills – and provide a better service for when you and your colleagues when abroad.
Telecom26 offers a full range of telecom services and connectivity options including 5G (where available), LTE-M, Wi-Fi, private networks, 2G, 3G and 4G, as well offshore connectivity capabilities.
Our customers include enterprises, OEMs and NGOs who want a single delivery partner, cross-border solutions and network coverage that is secure, resilient and can be tailored to meet specific and evolving needs.
If you’d like to organise a video call to discuss how we can help improve the global connectivity of your team when they are out and about including maritime connectivity please get in touch.