The Global Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) Market research report was published earlier this month and made interesting reading for the entire Telecom26 team focused on our role as a global connectivity service provider, a full mobile non-terrestrial operator, a maritime MNO - and a full global MVNO for terrestrial coverage.
The report says that the MVNO market will grow at a CAGR of 8.8% from 2022-2028. The drivers for that growth are:
- “Increasing number of mobile network subscribers and growing penetration of mobile devices
- Rising demand for efficient cellular networks”
Whilst lower profit margins are cited as a possible hindrance to faster growth.
In earlier blogs, MNO vs MVNO - Choosing the best global connectivity service provider for your international teams and The Rise of the Super MVNO, we discussed how the benefits of using an MVNO in preference to an MNO have traditionally been around price with MVNOs able to shop around for the best capacity deals. However, as with most industries, lower pricing too often comes at a cost to service.
With estimates that by 2025 there will be around 2000 MVNOs operating in a market valued at >US$100 bn by 2025, the team at Telecom26 is very clear about how we fit in.
Unlike most MVNOs, we do have a number of USPs which enable us to offer a service that matches, and, indeed in most cases, surpasses the offering of the big brand MNOs:
- A razor sharp focus on our role as a global connectivity service provider providing international connectivity and roaming services.
- We own and manage our own core network which provides us with independence from other MNOs, vital to ensure the highest level of security and data integrity.
- We have 350+ direct inbound roaming agreements which enable subscribers to roam onto both our maritime and private networks ensuring reliable full global coverage.
- We provide our customers with access to 1100 cellular networks from over 650 mobile operators in more than 200 countries and territories. With such a large number of networks to choose from we can more than meet the “rising demand for efficient cellular networks” identified in the Global MVNO Market research report.
- We can customise our offering, and build routing profiles for each customer according to their needs and budget. For example, for organisations that are more price sensitive we can ensure that they automatically connect to the cheapest service in the area, rarely access expensive satellite links - and make the most of wifi for data-heavy up and downloads.
Put simply, if MNOs can’t - or won’t - provide the level of customer service and technical support needed then, most likely, there will be an MVNO snapping at their heels, hungry for your business and with a nimble, can-do attitude.
And, if managing different network providers is a problem then what you need is a global connectivity service provider…like Telecom26, for example!
For our customers, our roaming service and global SIM cards, means that, as well as seamless global connectivity which connects them to the best available network wherever they are in the world, they have just one contract, with one bill, one point of contact, and one set of SLAs.
We offer a full range of connectivity options including 5G, LTE, Wi-Fi, private networks, 2G, 3G and 4G, as well as offshore connectivity capabilities.
So please Get in touch to find out how Telecom26’ as an MVNO and global connectivity service provider can help keep your team connected, wherever they are in the world.